Perhaps someone will think, why do a photo shoot for dating sites at all and is it necessary to do it in principle? Let’s figure it out. If you are in your 30s or even 40s, then regardless of gender, you are probably a very busy person. Most likely you have a job, an interesting hobby, you have a passion for travel or an active lifestyle.
At the same time, you can be a very attractive man or woman. But you will be united by the fact that both have negligible time at their disposal, which is not enough to search for their soulmate offline.
In this case, there is only one way out: try your luck on the Internet. For our part, we will give you some practical advice on how to conduct a photo shoot for a dating site for women and men, what poses, clothes and images in general are better to use, and what should be discarded.
What to wear for a photo shoot for dating sites
There are a few basic rules that you need to follow in order to get good shots that are most suitable for dating sites. After all, you must admit, no matter how smart, educated person and just a good conversationalist you are, they are met, nevertheless, by clothes. That is, in the case of the Internet space, according to the photo and your appearance, which is especially important for men.
And for you to be successful, we have prepared for you a list of recommendations regarding the choice of image and wardrobe. So they boil down to this:
- Extravagant wardrobe is better to save for another occasion. For these shots, choose what you feel most comfortable in. This is not about sportswear or pajamas. This is, of course, unacceptable.
- Too tight skirts, dresses should also be postponed (this point is somewhat controversial, but it’s better not to look too vulgar).
- This is also true for open necklines and extreme miniskirts (see comments on the first paragraph).
- Equally important is the cleanliness of clothing. Remember that the outfit should be ironed, neatly fitting and free of stains (I think this is not worth talking about).
Immediately, we note that these tips (with the exception of the first two) are applicable to both men and women.
What then should you wear?
Pants or jeans that clearly show the anatomy of your body
For women, a dress in a classic or romantic style in combination with high heels would be a good choice;
Alternatively (if you don’t wear dresses) you can wear trousers or jeans with a shirt or blouse.
Men do not have to wear a classic suit, although this is one of the best options. Also, casual clothing styles will come in handy (jeans and a jumper go well, for example).
Where is the best place to have a photo shoot for a dating site
Photos for a dating site can be taken on the street: in a city park, on the banks of a river, in a forest. At the same time, remember that ideally, the pictures should be diverse, taken in different locations and images.
By the way, when shooting outdoors, be sure to look around carefully to make sure you haven’t captured any unwanted objects, debris, or other details that may require additional editing.
In addition to street shots, it is worth stocking up on studio shots. After all, the main task during a photo shoot for dating sites is to present you in the best possible light, so the pictures should be of the highest standard: both you and what surrounds you, that is, the interior.
For studio photography, it is best to seek the help of a professional photographer. An experienced specialist will always tell you how to emphasize the advantages in the photo and hide the flaws.
Makeup and hair
Naturalness is welcome here. If only because a photo for a dating site should reflect the real appearance as much as possible. It is believed that the camera loves bright makeup, but you should not overdo it, as well as with the subsequent retouching of images. After all, you must admit that a situation will look very awkward when, during a meeting, your new acquaintance simply does not recognize you.
To get a good and, at the same time, the most natural makeup for a photo shoot, contact a trusted makeup artist who knows how to emphasize your strengths and hide your flaws.
Also consider the following:
- A thick layer of foundation and primer will change your features, so, again, there is a chance that you will not be recognized on a first date. In general, don’t get carried away.
- A similar rule is true for hairstyles. Do not make too intricate styling. Hairstyle should be neat, stylish and close to everyday.
- And also, do not forget about a manicure, because this is an equally important detail of your appearance, although it seems like a trifle.
By the way, some photo studios offer complex services, consisting of a photo shoot along with the rental of halls, as well as the services of a make-up artist, hairdresser and even dress rental! Such a photo shoot is called “All Inclusive”.